This was a really great high school senior session from the Fall. We had nice weather and even fitted in a few clothing changes which made for some nice variety. I have just completed my print preparation work from this session and all portrait files are with my pro lab for print. We have much work to do following a shoot. Here’s a break down in it’s most simple terms.
1) Load images to computer. Four/five star best images. Approximately three sorts to narrow down to the best ones for editing.
2) Do photoshop work, black and white portraits and cropping.
3) Work on example portraits showing recommended touch ups ( if any). We keep this very natural.
4) Plan sample storyboard designs for clients to view. We select images that we think look great in a storyboard or collage and design it to show the client. Everyone loves this. My clients usually ask for additional designs. We worked on a 9 image collage from this shoot and it looks great.
5) Load a proof viewing gallery to the server for client to view and help the client with their choices.
6) Prepare images for printing in the size selected. This may involve recropping, touch ups, removal of distracting background objects, noise reduction and selective sharpening for the print size.
7) Blog some selected portraits from the session.
8) Portraits then go into print production at a pro lab.
9) FINALLY once we are satisfied with the print quality portraits are ready to be collected or shipped. That’s our favorite part. We get intakes of breath, hugs, tears and email messages from clients telling us how much they love their portraits. We know all the work is worth it.